BC+S provides career opportunities, and is dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented professionals in the field, while providing the flexibility necessary to promote a healthy work-life balance. BC+S was founded in 1968 with a passion for proactive client service, technical accuracy, collaboration with clients and professionals, and active community involvement. BC+S remains committed to these fundamental principles today, and has grown to a full-service accounting firm serving the Willamette Valley, with offices in Salem, Stayton, and Albany. Salem was recently selected by Livability.com in the “Top 100 Best Places to Live”. BC+S has a well-established and expanding tax practice providing services to a wide variety of clients, including individuals, commercial business entities, and non-profits. BC+S has an extensive and highly respected trust and estate planning and tax practice, with a focus on business succession consulting for high net worth individuals. In addition, BC+S has a highly regarded financial statement services practice. BC+S provides a full range of assurance services to clients throughout the State of Oregon. These services include financial statement audits, reviews, and agreed-upon procedures. BC+S’ assurance clients consist of local governments, not-for-profit organizations, commercial entities, financial institutions, and employee benefit plan sponsors. BC+S has an established tradition of providing the highest quality assurance services, by building long-lasting relationships and consistently exceeding client expectations. BC+S is dedicated to providing the highest quality educational and training opportunities to support the career development of its professionals. BC+S also invests heavily in technology and technology related infrastructure to allow its professionals the flexibility to work remotely while maximizing engagement efficiency. Internally, our management structure is designed to support the development of its future leaders from within.
Boldt Carlisle + Smith (BC+S) has an opening for a Senior Auditor with a CPA license and 3 or more years of recent public accounting experience in an assurance services role. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading audit teams through the planning, fieldwork, and report writing phases of audit engagements. In addition to leading audit teams, a Senior Auditor will take the lead in other assurance service engagements, including financial statement reviews and agreed-upon procedures. A successful Senior Auditor will possess strong skills in team leadership, verbal and written communication, organization, time management, and multitasking. Relocation assistance is available. Partly remote position considered.
- Manage multiple client engagements simultaneously, ensuring overall success of each project.
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with clients and peers.
- Identify clients’ needs/opportunities, and manage the implementation of solutions for clients.
- Work as an effective team member to complete project assignments and engagement tasks.
- Coach team members, providing feedback, recognition and encouragement.
- Draft reports, financial statements, related disclosures, and client communications.
- Perform a detailed review of the team’s work to ensure quality and thoroughness.
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Pursue development of individual technical knowledge, competence and leadership skills.
- Actively identify opportunities for improvement and support new initiatives.
- Provide support as needed to the tax practice service area, specifically during tax season.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Strong understanding of assurance services.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, including GASB and FASB regulations.
- Experience in performing audits of municipal corporations, not-for-profit organizations, employee benefit plans, or audits in accordance with Uniform Guidance preferred.
- CPA license or successful completion of the CPA exam.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical thinking, and research abilities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and work necessary hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel to client locations which may include overnight stays of 3-6 weeks per year.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Experience using XCM and CCH Engagement a plus.
TAX INTERN (February 2020 – April 2020)
Boldt Carlisle + Smith (BC+S) is looking for collegiate students of accounting or a related field who are eager to apply their academic skills in a hands-on work environment. Due to the involved nature of the position, applicants should have experience in upper level accounting courses. At BC+S, tax interns are responsible for learning and applying their technical skills and working as part of a team to complete individual tax returns or other assigned tasks. This position is ideal for students seeking one-on-one training and the opportunity to immediately hold an active role in the field of public accounting.
All internship tasks will be performed under the supervision of a senior team member.
- Prepare individual tax returns of increasing complexity. As skill and experience grow, you may be asked to work on the preparation of entity returns including corporations and partnerships.
- Record transactions in journals, classify postings, reconcile amounts, foot and cross-foot entries.
- Help with tax planning, including quarterly estimates and AMT planning.
- Reconcile accounting workpapers, produced fixed asset reports and record tax journal entries.
- File and organize electronic accounting workpapers.
- Help with general accounting needs.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
This position is open to students that will have either junior or senior status at the time of the internship.
- Engaged in an academic program in accounting or a related field at a college or university, and interested in pursuing CPA or other professional credentials.
- Effective teamwork skills and the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- An interest in taxation, assurance or advisory services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow directions.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
Interested students should submit their resume and cover letter using the button below.