BC+S provides career opportunities, and is dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented professionals in the field, while providing the flexibility necessary to promote a healthy work-life balance. BC+S was founded in 1968 with a passion for proactive client service, technical accuracy, collaboration with clients and professionals, and active community involvement. BC+S remains committed to these fundamental principles today, and has grown to a full-service accounting firm serving the Willamette Valley, with offices in Salem, Stayton, and Albany. Salem was recently selected #14 by Livability.com in the “Top 100 Best Places to Live”. BC+S has a well-established and expanding tax practice providing services to a wide variety of clients, including individuals, commercial business entities, and non-profits. BC+S has an extensive and highly respected trust and estate planning and tax practice, with a focus on business succession consulting for high net worth individuals. In addition, BC+S has a highly regarded financial statement services practice. BC+S provides a full range of assurance services to clients throughout the State of Oregon. These services include financial statement audits, reviews, and agreed-upon procedures. BC+S’ assurance clients consist of local governments, not-for-profit organizations, commercial entities, financial institutions, and employee benefit plan sponsors. BC+S has an established tradition of providing the highest quality assurance services, by building long-lasting relationships and consistently exceeding client expectations. BC+S is dedicated to providing the highest quality educational and training opportunities to support the career development of its professionals. BC+S also invests heavily in technology and technology related infrastructure to allow its professionals the flexibility to work remotely while maximizing engagement efficiency. Internally, our management structure is designed to support the development of its future leaders from within.
CLIENT ACCOUNTING SERVICES SENIOR
Boldt Carlisle & Smith is seeking a talented individual to fill a bookkeeping and supervisory role on our Client Accounting Services (CAS) team. Qualified applicants are certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors who have experience managing multiple client accounts and working with clients from a variety of industries. Individuals who enjoy the tasks associated with keeping clients’ accounting accurate but appreciate responsibilities that further challenge their skills will excel in this role and environment.
As a CAS Senior, you will be entrusted with your own bookkeeping and advisory tasks, as well as reviewing and directing work among the four-person CAS team. This position requires the skills of an excellent, affable communicator, as you will be engaging in comprehensive consulting work with clients, often regarding their accounting structure and conversion of accounting records to QuickBooks Online.
This is an on-site, full-time position averaging 40 hours per week.
- Overseeing a CAS team of four to five individuals, which includes reviewing work, training, and facilitating job scheduling
- Designing accounting structures for clients with new QuickBooks accounts
- Converting clients’ QuickBooks Desktop accounts to QuickBooks Online
- Completing the bookkeeping needs (reconciliations, coding, journal entries, etc.) of multiple clients on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Assisting tax team with year-end bookkeeping tasks
- Aiding clients with accounts payable and accounts receivable processes via BillPay, Receipt Bank and Expensify
- Aiding clients with their payroll processing
- Preparation of monthly financial statements as needed
- Additional tasks as needed
- Minimum of 4-5 years of bookkeeping experience managing several client accounts simultaneously
- Associate’s degree or higher education required
- Certification as a ProAdvisor for both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to correct improperly maintained bookkeeping and offer suggestions for improvement and preventative measures to clients
- Demonstrated understanding of the different accounting needs among business entity types
- Knowledge of fixed assets and depreciation schedules
- Ability to apply sophisticated organizational and communication skills to manage and meet individual and team deadlines
- Ability to travel occasionally to client locations
- Commitment to the protection of confidential client information
- Tax preparation experience preferred
We are looking for more than just a bookkeeper or an accounting manager to fill this role; we are looking for a dynamic team player with the desire to elicit excellence not only in their own work, but in that of others’, as well. If you believe you are a good fit for this position and the BC+S team, please submit your resume using the button below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
EXPERIENCED TAX PROFESSIONAL
This is a seasonal position which can be either part-time or full-time, with the possibility of working remotely.
Boldt Carlisle & Smith is searching for an experienced tax professional to fill a seasonal role on our tax team. The responsibilities and work hours of this position make it an ideal fit for parents reentering the workforce, retirees who loved the accounting field but not the associated long hours, or professionals simply seeking part-time or seasonal opportunities. As a seasonal, senior member of the tax team, you will encounter all the engaging challenges and stimulation of a full-time or permanent position, with the added benefit of an extremely flexible schedule.
Applicants must have ample experience reviewing individual and entity income tax returns, and be comfortable serving in an instructional, advisory role to lesser experienced tax preparers. Collaboration is a large component of our tax team culture, and you may be asked to work on the development of high-level tax research and solutions with staff, managers and partners. Although positions are available in all three of our office locations, remote work may be allowed after an introductory period of acclimation and training.
- Review tax returns for businesses and individuals representing a wide variety of industries and complexities
- Assist in preparation of more complex returns as needed
- Collaborate with staff, seniors, managers and partners on client projects
- Provide timely, high quality client service
- Clearly communicate review notes verbally or in writing to help develop less experienced staff
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field
- Master of Taxation preferred
- Strong technical skills in the preparation of individual, partnership and corporation returns
- Fiduciary return preparation and review experience preferred
- Experience conducting tax research, preferably using BNA and CCH Intelliconnect
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and project tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- Experience using XCM, ProSystem fx tax software and CCH Engagement preferred
We are eager to find an individual who will bring experience, patience and creative solutions to our tax team. In return, we pledge to provide a warm, welcoming environment and highly flexible work schedule. If you believe you are a good fit for this position and our firm, please submit your resume using the button below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Boldt Carlisle + Smith (BC+S) has an opening for a Senior Auditor with a CPA license and 3 or more years of recent public accounting experience in an assurance services role. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading audit teams through the planning, fieldwork, and report writing phases of audit engagements. In addition to leading audit teams, a Senior Auditor will take the lead in other assurance service engagements, including financial statement reviews and agreed-upon procedures. A successful Senior Auditor will possess strong skills in team leadership, verbal and written communication, organization, time management, and multitasking. Relocation assistance is available.
- Manage multiple client engagements simultaneously, ensuring overall success of each project.
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with clients and peers.
- Identify clients’ needs/opportunities, and manage the implementation of solutions for clients.
- Work as an effective team member to complete project assignments and engagement tasks.
- Coach team members, providing feedback, recognition and encouragement.
- Draft reports, financial statements, related disclosures, and client communications.
- Perform a detailed review of the team’s work to ensure quality and thoroughness.
- Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Pursue development of individual technical knowledge, competence and leadership skills.
- Actively identify opportunities for improvement and support new initiatives.
- Provide support as needed to the tax practice service area, specifically during tax season.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Strong understanding of assurance services.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, including GASB and FASB regulations.
- Experience in performing audits of municipal corporations, not-for-profit organizations, employee benefit plans, or audits in accordance with Uniform Guidance preferred.
- CPA license or successful completion of the CPA exam.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical thinking, and research abilities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and work necessary hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel to client locations which may include overnight stays of 3-6 weeks per year.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Experience using XCM and CCH Engagement a plus.