For over five decades, Boldt Carlisle + Smith has worked with local governments across the state to provide a variety of services. Our clients include school districts, counties, cities, water districts, fire districts, housing authorities, and ORS Chapter 190 intergovernmental entities. Our broad governmental audit practice means that we are familiar with many of the accounting software you use such as Springbrook, Caselle, Munis, InCode, and QuickBooks.
Because we are committed to supporting our municipalities, Boldt Carlisle + Smith provides a complimentary training class to our municipal audit clients each year to cover relevant topics such as the latest accounting standards, fraud, grant compliance, and much more. We are dedicated to leveraging our own technology to ensure that our services are provided in a secure and efficient manner that makes it easy for you to work with us.
Whether you’re a water district with three employees or a county with hundreds, we have the people to meet your needs. Our veteran team has experience in the following areas:
- Financial statement services
- Internal control analysis
- Fraud examination
- Payroll services
- Accounting method changes
- Review of budgets for compliance with Oregon Budget Law
Single Audit Experience
A 2016 AICPA Peer Review Program study found that 55 percent of audits did not conform with professional standards.
They identified three key factors that drove compliance:
- Firms who were members of the Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC) had twice the rate of conformity of non-members.
- Firms who performed at least 11 single audits annually had 85 percent conformity.
- Engagement partners who performed at least 11 single audits annually had 75 percent conformity.
Firms that had all three factors were in 100% conformity, and BC+S is proud to say that we have all the factors, so you can be confident in your audit. As a member of the Government Audit Quality Center, we have access to the same resources as some of the world’s largest accounting firms.
Our experience with Single Audits includes award programs provided by a variety of federal agencies including the following:
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Department of Justice
- Department of the Interior
- Department of Transportation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Federal Aviation Administration
- General Services Administration