Education and Licensing
- B.S. in Business Administration (accounting and finance, with a minor in computer science), Oregon State University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Oregon Board of Accountancy
- Licensed Municipal Auditor, Oregon Board of Accountancy
Professional and Community Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Lifetime membership honoree
- OCPA Legislative Action Committee
- Rotary Club of Salem, Member
- Salem Rotary Foundation, Board Member
- Rotary Triathlon of Salem, Treasurer
- Salem Chamber of Commerce Executive Leadership Council
Doug has been with BC+S since 1977. He became a CPA in 1979 and a partner of the firm in 1991. With ample experience in the field, Doug enjoys helping clients understand how they can make meaningful and beneficial decisions in their lives or business activities. His areas of expertise include:
- tax planning and return preparation services for individuals, business entities, trusts, nonprofit organizations, and employee benefit plans.
- assurance services – financial statement audits, reviews, and compilations for local governments, nonprofit organizations, employee benefit plans, and family-owned or small businesses.
Doug lives in Salem with his wife Kathy, who is also a CPA in public accounting. His three grown children live and work in Oregon and California. Outside of work, you can find Doug cheering on his Oregon State Beavers in all manner of sports. He enjoys outdoor activities like running, golfing, hiking and biking, in addition to jigsaw puzzles, board games and card games.