Mercy Liaw, CPA, CFE
Education and Licensing
- B.S. in Accounting & International Business (minors in Marketing and Finance), LeTourneau University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Oregon Board of Accountancy
- Licensed Municipal Auditor, Oregon Board of Accountancy
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Professional and Community Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Salem Young Professionals
After graduating from LeTourneau University in Texas in 2013, Mercy moved to Oregon and joined the BC+S team. Mercy participates in the firm’s tax and audit practice and has also tackled projects such as preparing clients for audits, assessing design of internal controls, and testing compliance with established procedures. Her CFE certification enables her to conduct engagements for attempting to find fraud, investigating suspected fraud, or determining amounts for fraud loss. She appreciates the passion and competency of her colleagues—and quite often, their sense of humor—all of which make BC+S a workplace conducive to professional and personal development.
In her free time, Mercy can often be found reading or Skyping with friends and family. She is an avid fan of G. K. Chesterton, photography, board games, chocolate, airports, and puzzles of all sorts.